When you use eZhire, you trust us with your personal data. We’re committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices.
Collection of Information: We collect the information you provide directly to us through your access or use of the Services, such as when you create or modify your account, request on-demand services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include your name, email address, phone number, postal address, payment method, financial and credit card information, and other information you choose to provide.
Please note that we do not knowingly collect, keep or maintain personal information from children under the age of 18 through the Services, as we require that all users represent to us that they are at least 18 years old.
Information We Collect Through Your Use of Our Services
When you use our Services, we collect personal information (i.e. information that could be used to contact you directly such as full name, postal address, phone number, credit/debit card information, or email address) (“Personal Information”)
We also use GPS technology to determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled Services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to the data being used for this purpose.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with Personal Data we receive from you or collect through our Services.
For example: If you choose to link, create, or log in to your eZhire account with social media service (e.g., Facebook), or if you engage with a separate app or website that uses our API (or whose API we use), we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or app.
The Use of Personal Information
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, facilitating payments, sending receipts, providing products and services you request (and sending related information), developing new features, providing customer support to Users and vendors, developing safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages.
- Perform internal administration and operations, including, for example, preventing fraud and abuse of our Services; troubleshooting software bugs and operational problems; conducting data analysis, testing, and research; and monitoring and analysing usage and activity trends.
- Send or facilitate communications (i) between you and the service provider, such as estimated times of arrival (ETAs), or (ii) between you and a contact of yours at your direction in connection with your use of certain features, such as referrals or invites.
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of eZhire and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfil any related awards.
- Notify you about changes to our Services.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services.
- Keep our Services safe and secure.
- Personalize and improve the Services, including providing or recommending features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
Storage of Personal Data
Sharing of Personal Data
Through our services, we may provide your personal data (name, contact details, and location) to our partners to facilitate the car delivery/collection at your doorstep.
In addition to this, the relevant documents you upload to rent a car are also shared with the vendors (suppliers) as per the requirements of the Roads and Transport Authority of the respective countries/cities (Government Rules and Regulations).
Safety and Security Precautions
Your eZhire profile is password-protected so that only you and authorized eZhire employees have access to your account information. eZhire staff will never proactively reach out to you and ask for your password.
Using the device, location, user profile, usage, and other data to prevent, detect, and combat fraud. This includes identifying fraudulent accounts or uses of our services, preventing the use of our services by unauthorized persons, verifying user identities in connection with certain payment methods, and preventing and combating unauthorized access to users’ accounts.
Research and Development
Erasing Your Personal Information
When can you request an erasure?
- You have a right to have your personal information erased, and to prevent processing, where:
- The personal information is no longer necessary for the purpose it was originally collected/processed
- You withdraw consent (where previously provided)
- You object to the processing and our legitimate interests in being able to keep processing your personal information do not take priority
- We have been processing your personal information in breach of data protection laws
- Personal information has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation.
- Users can request data deletion at request delete account, by entering their email and password.