In this blog eZhire rent a car will guide you about the best car seats of 2020, it is mandatory to check your car seats if your available car seats are comfortable and safe for your infant or toddler or there is a need to buy new seats. It’s confusing to choose the right seat, as different features and designs are available in the market with classifications for different ages. eZhire car rental recommends some important things which should be kept in mind before buying a new car seat like how to choose the best car seat, car seat features, true lock base seat, etc.
When traveling abroad, especially with children, parents should consider and think ahead of the special needs of their children. If you are planning on renting a car then one thing you should consider is getting car seats for your young children or toddler. In most countries like the United Arab Emirates, child car seats are mandatory for children up to four years old. The UAE traffic law which was updated on July 1, 2017, prohibits children under the age of 10 and below 145 centimeters to occupy or sit in the front seat of the vehicles. The UAE traffic law also states that children under four years old are required to be on car seats at all times.
The Importance of Car Seats
Children’s car seats are designed to help protect children and prevent injury when they are in the vehicle. Child seats also help restrain children in a safe and seated position and prevent them from moving around the car unattended. Car seats also help protect children from serious injury or even death by acting as a protective barrier.
They make the car trip much safer for all the occupants in the car. Car seats help parents concentrate on driving and car seats restrain children and prevent them from being thrown while the vehicle is moving. Car seats prevent brain and spinal cord injury, especially during an accident.
Things to Consider When Choosing Car Seats.
There are a lot of factors when it comes to choosing car seats for children. Child seats help prevent injury and it’s always important to choose one that offers adequate protection to your children.
- A car seat should conform to state and country laws and standards like the United States Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 213 for car seats.
- Always ensure that you are choosing the correct children’s car seat appropriate for the size and age.
- Always learn how to securely install the child seat and harness before using the car seat or driving.
- Always ensure that you are familiar with how to safely remove your child from the car seat.
Choosing the Right Car Seats for Your Child
Choosing the right car seats can depend on the size and age of your child. Newborn infants and babies need to be placed in rear-facing or convertible car seats and older and bigger children use front-facing child seats and eventually switch to booster seats.
- Infant-Only Seats: Infant-only seats are for new-born children or infants weighing 22 to 35 pounds. Infant-only seats are specifically designed to protect small babies until they reach 35 pounds. Infant-only seats are typically installed facing the rear of the car. The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends that all infants and toddlers should ride the car in rear-facing child-seats for maximum protection against injury.
- Forward-Facing Only Seats: Forward-facing only seats are designed for children weighing 20 to 80 pounds.
- Convertible Seats: Convertible seats are much more versatile than rear-facing only seats, and forward-facing only seats. They can be set to face towards the rear of the car when the baby is still young and can eventually switch to forward-facing seats. Their only drawback is that it is not as portable as infant-only seats or forward-facing only seats.
- Booster Seats: Booster seats are for children who have outgrown child seats. Booster seats help children comfortably wear safety-belts.
1. Chicco NextFit iX Zip Convertible Car Seats
The Chicco NextFit iX Zip Convertible Car Seat can accommodate children from 5 pounds and up to 65 pounds. It is highly recommended by mothers due to its quality build and comfortable materials used. The car seat can be configured rear-facing and forward-facing.
2. Evenflo Duran Car Seat
The Evenflow Duran Car seat is a convertible car seat that can safely fit 0- 6-year-olds. It has a heavily padded toddler seat that is comfortable and safe for babies and can also be easily removed to fit for bigger children. The car seat is designed for children from 0 to 55 pounds
3. Britax Romer AdvansaFix III SICT Car Seat
The Britax Romer AdvansaFIX SICT Car Seat is highly recommended for children at 20 up to 80 lbs. The five-point harness can safely and comfortably fasten children to the car seat and the compact designs make it really portable. Perfect for traveling.
4. Evenfl Theron 3-in-1 Booster Car Seat
The Evenflo Theron Booster Car seat is suitable for children from 20 lbs up to 80 lbs. The forward-facing car seat is extremely comfortable and safe thanks to the air protect the system for added side impact protection, an adjustable headrest.
5. BubbleBum Inflatable Car Booster Seat
The BubbleBum Inflatable Car Booster Seat is designed for use with a standard 3 point adult seat belt. The inflatable, foldable, and portable car booster is perfect for travel with children and is extremely comfortable for children to use.
If you are looking to rent a car in Dubai, rent a car in Abu Dhabi, rent a car in Sharjah, or anywhere in UAE, If you want a fast & hassle-free car rental experience in UAE*, just use eZhire! Select any car for as many days as you wish and we will deliver the car to your doorstep! *With eZhire you can rent a car in Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Abu Dhabi & RAK
Download the app now and start renting!