Did you hear that the Dubai Shopping Festival is beginning on 15 December? The Dubai Shopping Festival is every shopaholic’s dream and a connoisseur’s heaven. It is over a month-long extravaganza that covers a variety of activities and festivities.
DSF, the festival, in short, is the largest shopping festival in Dubai due to its multiple attractions, shopping, entertainment, and glamor. This year it’s the 27th edition of the festival so that it will be bigger and better. Keep on reading as all the information about DSF has been compiled in this article for your convenience.
How long is the Dubai Shopping Festival?
Know the dates of the Dubai Shopping Festival? This year is the 27th edition, and it will last for one and a half months. If you are a shopaholic, this is an event you can’t miss.
The one-and-a-half month-long ultimate shopping experience will last from 15 December 2021 to 29 January 2022. So, it’s time to stock up on all your favorites at a discount. The festival is taking all the precautionary measures related to Covid-19. That way, the shoppers can enjoy their time as well as be safe.
Where does the event take place in Dubai?
One of the best things about the Dubai Shopping Festival is that it is not bound to one location, rather is spread around the city of Dubai. Al Rigga Street, Al Fahidi Fort, Global Village, Night Souk, Gold Souk, Promenade at Dubai Festival City, The Layali Dubai Concert, Al Seef Street, Asianet Film Awards, DSF Desert Camp, Mall of Emirates, Deira City Centre, Lamcy Plaza Festival Waterfront Centre, Dragon Mart, Mercato Shopping Village, and Lulu village are just some of the official places to visit.
Following is a list of places that are a must-visit for the Dubai Shopping Festival:
- The Dubai Mall
- Ibn Battuta Mall
- Outlet Mall
What is special about DSF?
The Dubai Shopping Festival is so special because of its discounts. Everything can be found here at a heavily discounted price. There are times that discounts go up to 75%. Yes, you heard it right! Other than the discounts, DSF brings something new every year. Apart from the quality and quantity, shoppers have the chance to win cash prizes, cars, and gold every year. This festival is all about arts, culture, food, shopping, and attractions. It doesn’t matter if you are a resident of Dubai or not, this festival is something everyone must come to at least once.
Things to Buy at DSF:
This festival is basically Christmas for shopaholics as there is nothing that isn’t available here. And the best part is that all your favorite items can be found at a cheaper cost. If you are wondering what to buy in DSF, here’s a list:
If you are into designer clothing, you will be spoilt for choices at Dubai Shopping Festival. You will be amazed at the collections that they have to offer. From your favorite brands of jeans to party wear, they have everything to build your dream wardrobe.
Trending cosmetics and perfume brands from across the world have their stores across Dubai. DSF is the perfect opportunity to buy some of your favorite cosmetics and perfumes at a lesser price.
If you think that diamond-studded watches are distant dreams, Dubai Shopping Festival can prove you wrong. You can pick one from your favorite collection at measly prices after discounts at the festival.
Leather Bags and Jacket:
Dubai is famous for its best quality leather, so stock up on some leather goods like Jashanmal, Burberry, or Prada at DSF.
Home décor items are some of the best things to buy at the festival. Most of the items there can be found at 50-75% discounted price.
This festival allows all gadget lovers to buy the latest technology at the lowest price. If you are a gadget freak, this is a chance you shouldn’t miss.
If you are fond of cooking or want to expand your spice collection, Dubai Shopping Festival is a must to visit. There you can find various exotic spices from places like India, Iran, and more.
Things to do at Dubai Shopping Festival:
Apart from all the great deals, DSF also provides great entertainment facilities that you shouldn’t overlook. There’s a lot more than you can do than just shopping, like-
- Skiing: You can go to Sky Dubai to have an hour-long session of skiing at a discounted price.
- Gold shopping: Buying gold is an investment, and DSF is the time for that. With gold offers and Dubai’s tax-free policy, this isn’t a chance to let go off.
- Food trip: Food is the best part of DSF as most restaurants offer special culinary experiences at this time. Don’t even think about skipping the festival if you are a food lover.
- Live concerts: It is a delight for music lovers too as plenty of concerts takes place during DSF. Enjoy your night by dancing to the beats of your favorite artist.
- Carnival: The fest consists of celebrity performances, live music, food tastings, and entertaining street performances.
- Fireworks: The highlight of DSF is its colorful and eye-catching fireworks. This annual ritual is a mesmerizing sight to look at, no matter how young or old you are.
Tips for the Dubai Shopping Festival
- Download the Dubai Shopping Festival app in order to stay updated on the latest offers and deals.
- The golden tip for DSF is to shop early while others are still in bed. After all, you don’t want to miss the steal deal on your favorite items.
- The best hack for shoppers is to wear multiple layers of clothing. This way you get a chance to try on clothes without wasting time on changing rooms.
- Do your research and know where what will be found beforehand.
- Don’t miss out on the sales by curbing the urge to splurge. Look for good picks along with what you need immediately.
- Make sure to use a debit or credit card for instant cashback and reward points.
- If you aren’t from Dubai, don’t hesitate to ask the locals for suggestions as they know more than you do.
- The most important tip of all is to have as much fun as possible.
The 27th Dubai Shopping Festival is something you shouldn’t miss out on, especially if you are a shopaholic. Hopefully, this article helped you to know all that you need to know about DSF. This is definitely a festival worth going to to get the best deals.