Renting VS buying is a long-standing debate that didn’t have clear-cut answers before. During the last couple of years, renting has gained a significant advantage over purchasing a private vehicle. The reasons can vary from one person to another, yet there’s one thing they all agree on: a car hire service is a more convenient option.
Moreover, there are situations when renting a car is an absolute necessity. Below, we’ll discuss scenarios in which it’s better to ditch a private vehicle (if you own one) and use car rental services.
1. You Don’t Use the Car on a Day-to-Day Basis
If you don’t drive every single day, then buying a car might be a huge waste of money. You might be working remotely and leave your apartment only a couple of days a week. Maybe you prefer walking or using public transportation. You might be trying to contribute to saving the environment by employing a private vehicle once in a blue moon.
If these situations sound familiar, then the chances are you shouldn’t buy a vehicle. You can rent a car whenever you need to drive. That way, you’ll save a lot of money on insurance, financing, servicing, and regular maintenance.
2. You Want to Go on a Road Trip
It doesn’t matter whether you own a car or not – if you want to go on a road trip, you should use rental services. The reasons are quite simple:
- Your car mightn’t be reliable enough for long-distance travel;
- You’ll add significant mileage to the odometer, making it harder for you to resell the vehicle for a decent price;
- You’ll cause wear and tear if you spend days on the road;
- Your car mightn’t be suitable for rocky, winding roads;
- Your vehicle might be too small for your friends or family;
- Your car might need too much fuel, increasing the costs of your trip significantly.
To avoid damaging your beloved vehicle, it’s advisable to rent a fuel-efficient car that will safely drive you to the destination. After all, rental models are serviced regularly and are usually in great shape.
3. You Need a Car for a Special Occasion
Renting a car is also a good idea when you need a vehicle for a special occasion. You might own an affordable model that has already deteriorated in terms of looks. You won’t be able to drive it to a wedding, baby shower, or an important charity event. In that case, you can use car rental services and hire an elegant model.
Generally, if you only drive a vehicle for special occasions, buying will be nonsensical. Renting will be way cheaper. It will also be a more flexible option, enabling you to select a different model for every occasion.
4. You Have to Cover Long Distances Daily
If you have to cover long distances on daily basis, it’s better to choose to rent over buying. Driving too much causes damage to the external and internal components of the vehicle. As a result, you have to pay service and repair costs more frequently. Moreover, when you cover long distances every day, you add substantial amounts of mileage to the odometer. Mileage is one of the most important determinants when it comes to the price of the vehicle. The higher the numbers on the odometer, the lesser amount people are willing to pay for it. In other words, you’ll enhance the effects of depreciation if you drive your private car too much.
With renting, you can drive as much as you want without thinking about the effects it might have. Rental agencies usually have certain daily or monthly mileage limits, but the allowed kilometers are more than enough. They also service the cars themselves if the damages are the result of regular usage.
5. You Need Different Types of Cars for Different Scenarios
Rental services will also come in handy if you need different types of cars for different scenarios. For example:
- You’re moving and you need a truck or a spacious SUV to carry all your belongings;
- You’re someone who loves to try out new vehicles frequently;
- You get bored of cars easily and want to change them every couple of months;
- You drive a luxurious sports car daily but need a fuel-efficient model to run some errands.
Rental services are much more flexible than buying a vehicle that you’ll be stuck with for years to come. You can simply choose a different model for different occasions, pay only a daily or monthly fee, and avoid long-term commitment.
In the situations we’ve described above, renting a car can save you a lot of money. Owning a vehicle is expensive, especially if you don’t use it frequently. Thus, it’s reasonable to select a provider you can trust and use whenever you need a ride.
Car rental services from eZhire will simplify your life even more. You can book a rental car right from the app and have it delivered right away. With eZhire, even special occasions are stress-free!